Sunday, June 29, 2008

Scott Calls Me Bad Words...


So for anyone who is not aware, my "boss" is Scott. He's a pretty uptight guy. Got mad at me the other day when I insinuated that he might be a turd-burglar. For those of you who do not know, a turd burglar is obviously someone who burlges turds. I thought that would be a no-brainer.
Anyway, back to the story.
Scott has this mean streak a mile wide, that comes out every so often, and usually when it does I find it is directed at me. He calls me bad words, most of the time, and most frequently it is a five letter word starting with a B. Now this shouldn't bother me, but being the sensitive soul that I am, I find myself deeply disturbed by it. Even worse though, is when he tells me things like I have violated his trust or that he doesn't feel like we are as close as we once were. When he says these things I normally just brush it off as his usual feminine behavior, but it cuts me to the very core. I know that it is definitely not stress from work, considering that everyone at Quality pitches in and helps out like the outstanding folk that they are, and it's certainly not home life, because his wife Stacey is great, and his kids all a dream. I think Scott just deep down might be a horrible person. Not murderer horrible. But animal abuser horrible. The kind of person that they show on Animal Planet with a room full of dogs surrounded by their own excrement, and when you see the footage you think you would like to see in jail.
Thus Scott is the owner, and I am his dog surrounded by excrement.
It's hard to be treated like a dog day in and day out. You see, the thing about dogs is this... If you kick them enough, they start to think that they have done something to deserve it.
And so goes the story, I find myself sitting here blogging on my couch, wondering what I have done to incur the ire of Scott. All I have ever tried to do is get his attention and the occasional pat on the head, maybe, if I am REALLY lucky, a "Good boy Seth!"
This all being said, the only other question that I have is what the heck is an ancient Quality Tire truck doing in the middle of a crop field half way between Ephraim and Manti, Utah? Don't believe me? Look at the picture.

1 comment:

kristen said...

Jani Jani-
SO good to be able to check up on you and make sure all is well. Yes, we are pregnant! Yay! It is so fun. I am very excited for you and seth and hope that it happens for you soon. Call me soon. I love you and miss you.